Sunday, April 22, 2018

Day 1 South African Youth Squad (afternoon)

After lunch we rode the 401(our favourite bus) again to Slussen. We then jumped onto the green line train Farsta and finally caught a bus to Agesta where we met Nick. There he gave us maps that were based off a course he planned a week ago.


We split up between the three different courses. I did course 11 to 17 where I had the fright of my life. There it lay. Basking in the sun. I was running so fast everything was a blur and when I saw it, it was almost too late.  The snake was small but probably deadly. Adrenaline shot through me and I did a graceful leap and by the time I landed it had slithered away. Still full of adrenaline I did the next few check points faster than I've ever run before. The pace only succeeded in getting me lost. Fast and furious soon turned into lost and furious (copyright Dylan).



Back at the start, we cooled down and stretched our sore muscles. Cameron adopted a homeless soccer ball named Sibusiswe Wannabe Jabulani. (yes that is the full name). Its tatty and irregular shape did not stop it from rolling into our hearts. None the less it found its way back outside within the hour.

Back at the start, we cooled down and stretched our sore muscles. Cameron adopted a homeless soccer ball named Sibusiswe Wannabe Jabulani. (yes that is the full name). Its tatty and irregular shape did not stop it from rolling into our hearts. None the less it found its way back outside within the hour. While this was happening Carl had disappeared into the forest only to come back empty handed. We left him behind with Nick (don't worry he caught a different bus).

We then journeyed to the shops. we thought it was closed but we were actually at the wrong door. We loaded up with chips, chocolate and Mc Donald's and headed back to the club house. We played frisbee until the sun set then went to explore the other side of the road where we found an outdoor gym and a lake while Sarah and Luan made supper which we thoroughly enjoyed.


Written by Carla Collins     

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the blog. Keep them coming.